[mythtv-users] Can the scheduler be made to treat certain sources as blacklisted for certain times?

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 18:56:46 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 6:20 PM, Dan Wilga
> <mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu> wrote:
> > Dish Network receivers do pretty much the same thing. The only
> difference is
> > that you can configure when it happens. They say they do it in order to
> > check for possible firmware updates.
>
> What I heard is not so much they are checking for firmware (although
> they probably do that too), but that they are checking authorization.
> If a receiver does not get regular validation of its authorization, it
> eventually disables itself (requiring a drunken giraffe dance to reset).

The OP says he has to turn it back on though - that does not sound like a
"cron reboot", but I do not know - DirecTV sent out an update 2 days ago
that disabled the use of my DECA until I hard rebooted it..  At least their
updates are infrequent and I miss a minimal amount of shows when they screw
things up.