[mythtv-users] Can the scheduler be made to treat certain sources as blacklisted for certain times?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Aug 22 18:19:51 UTC 2014

Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems strange a manufacturer would be allowed to sell equipment to a customer that shuts itself off without some sort of kick back from end users.

It happens a lot ! Windoze users are used to having the machine force a reboot when it decides it's updates time. Annoying on a personal machine when you've left it with open work overnight, it's even more annoying with a server. With the servers, you do get a chance (once I think) to defer reboot - but at some point it announces that it's going to do it and I'm told that it's almost impossible to abort that.

But in the case of this STB, I can't help thinking it's in that class of problems that can summarised as "we don't know WFT causes that, but if we reboot frequently enough it doesn't occur much". You'd be surprised just how many devices are set to auto-reboot periodically because they have some problem that occurs/is worse if it's left running for too long.