[mythtv-users] Live TV judder until channel change

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 18:02:20 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> I have had the same judder recently.  If I do a skip back (10
> seconds), then the judder goes away, so it looks as though the
> playback point might be too close to the end of the buffer and the
> playback is pausing to wait for the arrival of more data.
>
> There was a recent build where I was not always getting sound on
> LiveTV, but that was fixed the next day.

I've not tried the skip back to see if it resolves but I'll give that a
try.  I did notice that if I go from a 720p channel to another 720p channel
I still get the judder.  It takes a resolution change (going to the 1080i
and back) to fix the problem.