[mythtv-users] Cablecard spec change undermining CCI Copy Freely flags

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 19:57:38 UTC 2014


On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 2:09 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
...
> I know Hauppauge had to go to CableLabs for permission for the change.  I
> found http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/542876#542876 , but
> can't find any more specific info.

Since I was the one that posted that comment, I believe I
used the wrong words (i.e. it was misleading).  I believe
that SD modified the code to ignore the cgms value IFF
(if and only if) the CCI flag was set to copy freely/unrestricted.
A CCI of not-specified still required cgms respect.  I thought
I had clarified that at one point, but I do not see it in
(at least) that thread.

Now that the updated firmware is not passing on the
CCI value, one must respect the CGMS.


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list