[mythtv-users] Cablecard spec change undermining CCI Copy Freely flags

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Aug 21 19:52:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:04 PM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
> wrote:

> So, to move forward, Ceton will need to work with
> CableLabs to insure that any change in interpretation
> is allowable.  Typically that takes some time.  And
> it certainly takes effort by Ceton to engage CableLabs.
> I suppose this is a test for Ceton's willingness to
> support non-Windows users by requesting the
> variance.

I don't know much details, but I can at least say that, in my emails back
and forth with Ceton trying to figure out what's going on, they did mention
that they have filed a request with CableLabs to deal with this situation.
They were't any more informative than that, so I don't know if that means
they've requested an exemption, or that they've requested this change be
reverted or otherwise dealt with in the specification somehow. They've
asked them for something...I'm just not clear what it was.

--
Ron Frazier