[mythtv-users] Errors from upgrade

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 21 01:13:19 UTC 2014

Hi Daryl, my understanding of the current state of play is that you have a clean clone of your system on a spare 1Tb drive.

I would like to get a better idea of what your system looks like. Can you please post ALL the responses to the following commands (including the commands themselves). Please do not cut anything from the output, if it looks like it is going to be too long for an email put it in a file and link via pastebin / dropbox / etc.

sudo parted -l
sudo fdisk -l
sudo debconf-show grub-pc
grub-install --version
df -Th
uname -mrs
lsb_release -a

Do you still dual-boot? Or is there only one operating system currently installed? My current theory is that the grub update / upgrade is failing - I see there are a few reports of this when upgrading to 14.04 although I couldn't see the applicable error message in the cutdown output you posted earlier. But lets play it safe and start with this.