[mythtv-users] HDMI audio in GeForce 9400 GT

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Aug 20 19:56:55 UTC 2014

On 8/20/2014 3:31 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> I added a new GPU to my frontend, is a GeForce 9400 GT:
>
> I want to send the frontend audio to the TV over the HDMI wire, but
> there is no any Nvidia audio device:

That's because there is no nVidia audio device.  8-series AMD boards and
9-series Intel boards did have integrated audio, but discrete cards did
not get audio until the GT200 series.  There may be an SPDIF header on
the card that you can connect to the matching header on your board, to
pipe digital audio from your board's integrated sound through the HDMI
port on the card.