[mythtv-users] mysql query failing after upgrade to 5.5 (Services API solution)

Karl Newman newmank1 at asme.org
Tue Aug 19 22:15:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Aug 19, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 08/13/2014 04:13 PM, Karl Newman wrote:
>
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I'm hoping the resident SQL experts can help me out with this one. For the
>> last few months I've been running this SQL statement to find any movies
>> which we've recorded that might be re-airing on commercial-free (i.e.,
>> premium) channels so I can re-record them:

> Hi,
>
> Have you considered using Python and the Services API? I believe
> you'd have more control over your selection and have the ability
> to actually schedule new recording rules.
>
> Something like this: http://pastebin.com/0dtcs0Wg
>
> You might need to change some logic in the section:
>
>     ###########################################
>     # Develop a list of programs to schedule. #
>     ###########################################
>
> If you try it, just *don't* use the --send option initially
> and no recording rules will go your backend. --send is turned
> off by default.
>
> Try: rr.py --host=yourMBE --verbose --debug=1
>
> You can add --days=14 to search that many days of guide data
> but if you've got a large number of channels/programs, it will
> be slower. The default category for the searches is movies
> but can be changed with --category=...
>
> There are 4 'canned' programs that will show up if you use
> --debug=9. *And if* you modify their data to match yours,
> the recording rules can be created for them (again, if --send
> is used.) Look under the comment: # For testing only.
>
> Also, by default, only the next day's worth of guide data is
> retrieved. Use --days=14 to get everything.
>
> It was tested on 0.28-pre. --help works and may be a good place
> to start.
>
> Interesting. Thanks for knocking that together, Bill! I'll play with it
and see how it works. Currently I just use my SQL SELECT script as part of
my daily maintenance checkup before logging out: sensors, cat /proc/mdstat,
~/movies_reairing.sh And then if any movies are on comm free channels I'll
go and schedule them. It doesn't happen often, unfortunately...

Thanks,

Karl