[mythtv-users] Watch recording on iPad

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Aug 19 12:54:19 UTC 2014

On 12 August 2014 05:11, Jon Heizer <jheizer at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 1:47 PM, Warpme <warpme at o2.pl> wrote:
>
>> On 06/08/14 23:41, Eric Sharkey wrote:

>>> I don't have an iPad, but I've been using MobileMyth for streaming to
>>> Android.
>>>
>>> http://www.mobilemyth.net/
>>>
>>> I would think it should work with an iPad, too.
>>>

>>>  Argh - I really miss mobilemyth (as it looks app is dead).
>> Simplicity, cleanness  and promise to work over Internet to say major
>> attributes.
>> So sad dev seems to don't have plans to develop it further....
>>
>> br
>>

> Said dev checking.  Progress has been tiny for multiple reasons.  Some
> being the new backend built in features coming.  Some being free time.  My
> use case for it disappeared over a year ago so I was mostly just still
> doing it for fun.  Didn't seem to have much of a user base.  (having to
> manually install even though it was pretty easy and the fact it was .net
> made others mad)  There were also some changes to the APIs .27 and the
> future that made me rewrite the entire back end as I wanted to keep .25+
> support.  Looking back I should have just said screw it.  I also have a lot
> of UI changes 90% done.
>
> I also got mad as I had multiple days for work into turning a chrome cast
> into an almost viable frontend, but their full API release a few months ago
> broke all of that work permanently.
>
> Maybe I'll try to pick it back up soon since interested popped up in this
> thread a time or 3.  If I did try to get another release out is there
> anyone that is familiar with packages that could wipe me up a script to
> build a .deb for ubuntu?  I'm sure that would help more people use it.
>  Ideally I'd host a repo for it as well.  While I know the packaging part
> is important for most users, I just haven't been able to get myself to do
> it.
>
> Jon

+1 for mobilemyth great application keep up the good work, I cant think of
too many other features I'd even want in this.

one advantage this has over torc is being able to resume paused playback
after the device has had the display go to sleep and lock, Another is the
ability to play already transcoded recordings.

Cheers,

Anthony