[mythtv-users] upgrade

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 22:30:50 UTC 2014

> On 17 Aug 2014, at 6:12 am, "Daryl McDonald" <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings mythizens, The last few attempts at upgrading went badly. I'm a watch and delete kinda guy with a few movies kept for the grandkids. I have a working 12.04 ubuntu /27.3 myth system on a 1TB drive and a second 1TB drive with mythbuntu 14.04 installed and updated. What is the easiest way to get all the settings and configurations including channel lineups onto the new system? How much comes with a database restore?    Daryl

Essentially all the direct MythTV settings and configuration come with the database (provided host name of new system matches the old system or database host name is updated as appropriate). This includes channel lineups and storage groups and the like. Also includes recording history and EPG as at the time the backup was taken.

However user scripts and files that might be referenced and the actual recordings themselves (the MPEG files for example) are not in the database.

Also if your folder structures change you may need to update manually, for example if your storage group folders change name / location. Or if you change to a different distribution for example I think some distributions use /usr/bin and some use /usr/local/bin or something similar.