[mythtv-users] Seek Tables

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Aug 16 09:56:34 UTC 2014

On 16 Aug 2014, at 3:52 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> On 16 Aug 2014, at 2:05 pm, "Jean-Yves Avenard" <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>>> On Saturday, August 16, 2014, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Thus  the myth of upnp compatibility is exposed again!
>>
>> Or more likely the video was poorly encoded.
>
> I have a Samsung TV (sample size of 1), it's UPnP ability is just hopeless, truely hopeless. Its compatability with just about any file type / format is nearly non existent even when using the Samsung UPnP server software. Yet if you stick the same file on a USB drive it plays perfectly.
>
> It's all just crappy Samsung implementation.
>
> People have got in and reversed engineered the firmware to fix the many, many faults - but compatability varies from model to model. See http://www.samygo.tv

First thanks for all the answers, Glen I will try the ffmpeg option.
My frustration is that I have done this before, all works, and as I recall the ONLY difference is that I used an earlier version of myth. This is fixes/0.27 [v0.27-229-g9f353cc-dirty]

1) I record off air
2) generate a cutlist removing commercials (but upnp will not honour the cut list)
3) Use mytharchive to create an iso for a dvd
4) link: ln work/1/newfile.mpg /store/Movies/MrsDoubtfire.mpg

ie grab the mpg file in time.
now the mpg file will grow as needed but be kept at the end of mytharchive command

My other files ARE seekable. Did I forget something or is this broken in 0.27 ?
James