[mythtv-users] Seek Tables

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 02:28:39 UTC 2014

Hi

On Saturday, August 16, 2014, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

> Can anyone explain please:
>
> I have various videos which I play from the upnp server on various
> frontends.
> On my samsung TV some videos can seek to a time, some the time seek is
> greyed out.
> On a video that I can’t seek I rebuilt the seek table as per the wiki

If you're playing the videos over upnp, rebuilding the seek tables serve no
purpose.

The seek tables are only use by the native mythtv frontend.

If the Samsung TV can't seek in that particular video, there's nothing you
can do.

You may try to reencode the video into another format that the Samsung tv
can handle