[mythtv-users] mysql query failing after upgrade to 5.5

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:12:37 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 14, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Karl Newman <newmank1 at asme.org> wrote:
> Thanks Mike, but I get the same results with or without the MIN. And I still
> get NO results unless I remove the final "AND R2.starttime IS NULL" clause.

recorded.starttime in my mythconverg database
(and in the MythTV schema creation logic) is
defined to be NOT NULL, and, as a primary key
it would be silently promoted to NOT NULL even
if it was not explicit.  I am not sure how you are
seeing NULLs in the column list as you stated.

Do a 'show columns from recorded\g' in your
mythconverg database to see what the
definition is.

It is possible that your DB schema (or the
data itself) is corrupt (perhaps some past
upgrade failed in some way).  You may
need to perform a backup/restore (or a backup,
partial restore as the 2nd to last resort).