[mythtv-users] Watch recording on iPad

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Aug 9 00:12:49 UTC 2014

On 8 Aug 2014, at 8:00 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>> startup
>> seconds
>> tried

>>> It's an AC router, but the files are all SD. Also, after playing with it
>>> some more it's not exactly as I described. If I don't touch it, I get no
>>> audio after the first few seconds. If I wait a while, then touch the
>> screen
>>> to bring up the controls, then the audio will come back for a couple
>>> seconds. I did get it working using OPlayer through my Samba share (just
>>> have to remember to run mythlink unless I cron it). For as infrequently
>> as
>>> I expect to use this, I think it will work okay.
>>>
>>> I didn't hear any feedback about the Torc app. I know it's a little bit
>> of
>>> a touchy subject with the (remaining) devs after the fork, etc...
>>
>> I spent and got torc. Well I need not have bothered, it does not even
>> pretend that it might work, truely nothing.
>> Before the learned proclaim that there is no streaming chrome on port 6544
>> using JW does indeed play. VLC and upnp stutters slightly but otherwise
>> works nicely. I?ve not found any android stuff that does work.

A general critique of prorgrammers in the mac domain is that they believe that they are God’s gift to mankind and that you should throw globs of munnie at them …

As mentioned 8player works well with myth’s upnp. The so called lite free version is very soon unusable (it wont play a show twice, so if you watch 1/2 a recording one day then on day next be dissapointed) so brace your self to pay $7.
Both my SD and HD work well, with no stuttering eg VLC stutters.
James