[mythtv-users] Jump back behavior

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Aug 8 18:18:26 UTC 2014

On 8/8/14 10:00 AM, Don Brett wrote:
> Using mythfrontend 0.27.3.  I've noticed the "jump-back" function is
> real sluggish.  There's a slight delay (up to two seconds) between
> pressing pg-dn and anything happening.  Some observations:
>
> -Watching show > press pg-up (jump back): .5 to 2 second delay
> -Watching show > press pg-up (jump back) three times: long delay,
> eventually executes all three
I can't recall seeing any speed degradation. Are you sure you're not
comparing different file formats or degrees of quality in the content
you're playing?

For instance, a .mkv will usually take longer to seek than a .mpg file.
I assume this is because it simply takes more processing power to
decode. Similarly, if you're comparing 1080i vs. 480i content, there
could be a significant difference in speed due to having to decode more
than six times as much data.