[mythtv-users] DB manipulation

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Thu Aug 7 15:10:31 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 10:02 AM, John Pilkington <J.Pilk at tesco.net> wrote:
> On 07/08/14 14:23, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>> The weekend came early, that is plans changed, and I tried the change
>> hostname command, and am baffled with the following result :
>>
>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mythconverg_restore.pl
>> <http://mythconverg_restore.pl>
>> <http://mythconverg_restore.pl>--change_hostname
>> --old_hostname="daryl-A780L3C" --new_hostname="TriMyth"
>> bash: http://mythconverg_restore.pl: No such file or directory
>> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$
>>
>> any ideas?
>

> That's a perl script.  I don't know why it's being treated as http.
>
> I run the backup script from a terminal like this:
>
>  perl /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl
>
> But that's in an RHEL6-based installation.

Daryl, did you cut & paste that command from responses to your email
on this list?

It looks like Doug Lytle's mail client added that
"<http://mythconverg_restore.pl>" part to the command in his part of
the quoted reply and the shell is interpretting the < as I/O
redirection and attempting to read input from a file call
"http://mythconverg_restore.pl".

Try running the command as you originally posted it.

Eric