[mythtv-users] DB manipulation

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Thu Aug 7 14:16:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The weekend came early, that is plans changed, and I tried the change
> hostname command, and am baffled with the following result :
>
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$ mythconverg_restore.pl <
> http://mythconverg_restore.pl>--change_hostname
> --old_hostname="daryl-A780L3C" --new_hostname="TriMyth"
> bash: http://mythconverg_restore.pl: No such file or directory
> daryl at daryl-A780L3C:~$
>
> any ideas?

Yes, you copied and pasted the command from the email.  It copied the
mythconverg_restore.pl command as an HTML link.  In the email, it is a link.

Copy this line instead:

/usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname
--old_hostname="daryl-A780L3C" --new_hostname="TriMyth"

What I did was to copy your line into a text editor, and then recopied the
line into this email, deleting the <http://> crapola link.  I added the
full path for mythconverg_restore.pl which I got from a Mythtbuntu system.
It should work for you.

Good luck,
Jerry