[mythtv-users] Watch recording on iPad

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Thu Aug 7 09:15:31 UTC 2014

On 7 Aug 2014, at 2:43 pm, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:

>>> Well that almost worked. The video plays great after the initial startup
>>> but the audio plays about 3 seconds and then is mute for about 10 seconds
>>> then the cycle repeats. Is there another video player suggestion? I tried
>>> all combinations of audio settings in vlc but nothing changed.
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>

>>> A 1080i stream in mpeg2 can be around 18Mbps, this requires a strong
>> wi-fi connection and you're better to use 802.11n protocol. Most newer
>> routers will support 802.11 b/g/n standards.
>>

> It's an AC router, but the files are all SD. Also, after playing with it
> some more it's not exactly as I described. If I don't touch it, I get no
> audio after the first few seconds. If I wait a while, then touch the screen
> to bring up the controls, then the audio will come back for a couple
> seconds. I did get it working using OPlayer through my Samba share (just
> have to remember to run mythlink unless I cron it). For as infrequently as
> I expect to use this, I think it will work okay.
>
> I didn't hear any feedback about the Torc app. I know it's a little bit of
> a touchy subject with the (remaining) devs after the fork, etc...

I spent and got torc. Well I need not have bothered, it does not even pretend that it might work, truely nothing.
Before the learned proclaim that there is no streaming chrome on port 6544 using JW does indeed play. VLC and upnp stutters slightly but otherwise works nicely. I’ve not found any android stuff that does work.
James