[mythtv-users] Merge two versions of 'oldrecorded' ?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Aug 6 14:36:53 UTC 2014

On 05/08/14 19:22, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 05/08/14 18:57, Greg Oliver wrote:
>> You should be able to just grep the sql out and pipe it straight in.
>>
>> If your db backup is from the mythconverg_backup.pl
>> <http://mythconverg_backup.pl>:
>>
>> zcat <dbBackupFile> | grep oldrecorded | grep INSERT | sed
>> 's/INSERT/INSERT IGNORE/g 'l mysql -u <db_user> -p<Password> mythconverg
>>
>> You'll need to get your db_user and Password from your mythtv config.xml
>> file.
>>

> Thank you :-)  I guess I should squirrel away a few backups and try it
> out - perhaps in stages - so that I can see what's happening.

It looks as if it worked.  Thanks again.

DB backup on the laptop was 6.7 MB, now 9.4 MB. The old and new
recordings are shown in 'Previously Recorded,' and 'optimize_mythdb.pl'
didn't complain. And 'Schedule Recordings' shows that I _had_ recorded a
few likely programmes earlier.

FWIW the original main DB backup was 29.7 MB.

There's a typo in the command line, which wasn't so obvious in the html
post;  that 'l' before mysql should be a pipe.