[mythtv-users] Watch recording on iPad

Andréas Kühne andreas at kuhne.se
Wed Aug 6 08:03:27 UTC 2014

> On 08/06/14 11:54, John Haywood wrote:
>
>> Karl
>> I haven't been able to find any free players that work without In-App
>> purchases for anything other than .mov or .mp4 streaming, so I personally
>> use 8 player (not free), which works well, in spite of the odd interface
>>

> I find that ArkMC Lite (free) works well for streaming and playing back
> MythTV recordings via the UPnP server within Myth. The main drawbacks are
> that seeking to find the end of commercials is pure guess-work with
> associated delays to re-buffer, also the audio sync seems to drift when
> skipping through the video
>
> Jason

Another non-free answer would be to use plex (www.plex.tv), that's how I do
it. I have my plexserver running on the same server as my backend and then
I have a mythtv plugin, so I can browse all of my mythtv recordings. This
means that I can look at my mythtv recordings as long as I have an Internet
connection on my iPad. The app costs $5 I think, but is well worth the
price.

Regards,

Andréas