[mythtv-users] FE hardware: NUC or AMD FM1 platform?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 11:54:23 UTC 2014

On 5 August 2014 17:57, Tim Draper <veehexx at zoho.com> wrote:

> VDPAU? thought that was NVidia only; Intel and AMD used VAAPI. Thats good
> news noneoftheless. Aslong as I can get the offloaded decoding for HD
> content, then i'm pretty much happy.

VAAPI in Intel only, though AMD close source driver have a VAAPI
interface using their XVBA as backend. However, VAAPI support is
pretty poor with AMD, only h264 decoding to start with.

AMD Open source driver supports VDPAU, and do so very well (with some
minor issues, which hopefully will get fixed soon)