[mythtv-users] Gentoo and IMDb

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 06:20:25 UTC 2014

> On 5 Aug 2014, at 2:10 pm, "Saul A. Peebsen" <jaglover at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I read somewhere adding database ID to file name will help, but
>>> which database is it using?
>>
>> I'm not sure where you read that, but adding a long inetref to your
>> filename will simply cause your videos to not match anything.
>
> Thanks for clarification.
>
> I understand there are legal ramifications.
> However, if there was an option in menus to chose the database site and
> the ID of movie to pull the info, would it be off limits?
>
> --
> Cheers, Saul

Hi Saul, this thread seems to be jumping around a lot so I'm not following where your current issue is.

I think it is probably best to understand what problems (if any) you are having first.

Adding IMDB support (without even touching on whether it is legally possible or even technically possible on the IMDB side or not) is going to involve a lot more coding work than adding the 4 letters 'IMDB' to a drop down box. However if you are able to write all the interfacing code, cover off the legalities, convince the other developers, support the code on an ongoing basis then sure it sounds great to me!

But given the depth / breadth of TMDB content I doubt it would solve your problem anyway...

Anyway if content is missing from TMDB you could always create a free account and add the missing parts.