[mythtv-users] 14.04 clean

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 23:19:16 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hoi Daryl,
>
> Sunday, August 3, 2014, 9:20:43 PM, you wrote:
>
> > I have avoided the loop by using a clean install of Mythbuntu
> > 14.04, but I cant read any of the print on the screen after I close
> > the FE. What can I do to increase the font size?
> > Daryl
>
> > On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 12:30 PM, airdrummer <air_drummer at verizon.net>
> wrote:
>

> > Thomas Boehm wrote:
>  >> And why do you want to give the user mythtv all rights on ALL
> databases?
> >

> > macht nichts if it's the only d/b, & it's a standalone that will never
> be used
> >  for anything else...

> Normally this is calculated from the EDID information from your
> monitor. If it is not on when you boot or the EDID info from your
> monitor is corrupt that doesn't work.
> If you add "DisplaySize <hsize> <vsize>" in your monitor section in
> xorg.conf, where <hsize> and <vsize> are your displaysize in mm, those
> values are used to calculate the dotpitch, which is the basis for
> calculating the normal font size.
>
> Tot mails,
>   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens

The monitor is a 42" 720p TV connected via HDMI to the myth box, and it was
on at the time of the install from live CD. The mythtv FE screen is
perfect, after exiting the FE I opened a terminal (found it by trial and
error) typing a command in is no problem but reading any out put is
impossible because the font is about two pixels tall. I don't know how I
could correct anything if I can't read it in the first place. Any
suggestions?   Daryl