[mythtv-users] sometimes livetv starts with blank screen

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 20:41:17 UTC 2014

Hoi Kevin,

> So do I understand correctly the problem occurs only on the frontend
>  running mythbuntu 12.04 and not on the other fresh frontend?
>  If so, a possible solution could be a fresh upgrade to 14.04. Possibly
>  some of the other still older packages from 12.04 cause the problem.
>

>  Tot mails,
>    Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
>  "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
>  Zonder leven is er geen hoop
>  Het eeuwige dilemma
>  Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
>  De lerende Mens

> I really don’t want to not upgrade the main frontend if possible.
> I have other programs installed on that box.
>   What I have done on the 12.04 box is completely purge mythtv.  I
> went as far as to manually remove any and all files associated with myth.
> I did a fresh install last night.  I will wait and see what happens.
>
> I cant know for sure about the 14.04 box.  I have not seen it lock
> up for quite a while.  But I only use it for livetv for maybe a 1/2 hour at most per day.

>   Thank you for the help.

De nada, I mostly stated the obvious.
But if you have sufficient diskspace, you could install 14.04 on a
separate partition with a dual boot, keeping the old install to copy
stuff from and for the other uses. If it works and you get the rest
working you can step over. If it doesn't solve the problem you can
step back.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com