[mythtv-users] Select Country and Language in every boot

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Fri Aug 1 13:32:58 UTC 2014

On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 6:25 AM, tortise <tortise at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> On 1/08/2014 11:10 a.m., Mark Perkins wrote:
>>
>> If I read the original posts correctly the OP indicated that it would work
>> after the country / language screen and it appears (from above) that
>> mythfrontend is auto started on boot up.
>>
>> So +1 from me for adding delay to allow network to be established before
>> starting mythfrontend. Both my Mythbuntu remote FE's have this issue but I
>> rarely reboot them.
>

> Standby is also an option. Also a factor can be how the LAN is configured
> and how the IP's are set, in my case I generally prefer to use a DHCP
> server, but that causes a delay whichvI think also causes this issue....
>

> For Mythbuntu a simple "sleep 5" in the mythfrontend script (which then
> calls mythfrontend.real in Mythbuntu) solved the problem,
> Thanks for that. Another approach in some cases might just to be to hard
> code the IP locally!
>

>> although it needs to be re-added after every update.
>
> Annoying! Another way?

If you only modify user files, you shouldn't need to worry about
package updates wiping them out.

In this case, ~/.config/autostart/mythfrontend.desktop could be
modified to change:

  Exec=/usr/bin/mythfrontend --loglevel info --syslog local6

to:

  Exec=/usr/local/bin/mythfrontend_wrapper --loglevel info --syslog local6

where mythfrontend_wrapper could check to see if the network is up and
wait if it isn't, then calls /usr/bin/mythfrontend passing through all
of its command line arguments.

I haven't had this problem on Debian, but that may be because all of
my frontend systems NFS mount something.

Eric