[mythtv-users] HOWTO: Setting up VDPAU with AMD E-350 APU

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 22:35:15 UTC 2014

On Apr 29, 2014, at 11:34 AM, Tom Harris <thom.j.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

> How has your experience been with VDPAU on AMD?   Is it reliable?  I'm looking at upgrading my frontend and wondering if this is a good option.
>
> Also, on the wiki, I don't think anyone gates the updates there.  The problem is the opposite, pages tend to stagnate and become uselessly out of date.  I would go ahead and update it if this is working well for you.

I have been using vdpau on amd as outlined below now for over a month, and have had no hiccups, no crashes, and myth/xubuntu 14.04 has been solid since I installed the beta. I rebooted it once when I did an update to 14.04 that required a new kernel version.

Prior to 14.04, I couldn't get it working well on the amd machine below.

Regards