[mythtv-users] Mythburn not working

Joseph DeGraw coffee412 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 29 20:29:03 UTC 2014

Hello,

I have finally got some free time (and the wife yelling at me) to start
tackling my problem with making DVD's from recorded shows. Seems this
has been an on going issue for some time. So, Here we go:

Burning a DVD stalls out with no error messages in any of the logs. Some
tv shows do actually burn to dvd. The only thing that I have figured out
is that the shows that do burn to DVD thru Mythtv are somewhat small in
size i.e. about 1 gig or less - Seems to be a non HD recording. HD
recordings usually fail. There is no error message in the logs or on the
display. They just sit there with no activity.

I would sit down and troubleshoot this but I dont even know where to
start since I get no errors that I can find in any of the logs. The
script for resizing the dvd runs and then after a bit it seems to freeze
and never get to the point of burning the dvd. At one point I thought I
had this fixed but --- nope. So, Im completely at a loss on this. There
are some HD movies - about 2 hours long that fail. I was hoping that
these movies/shows which are probably 4 gigs in size should burn to a
dvd no problem.

Well, Any input on this is welcome. Im running Mythbuntu 12.04  / Mythtv
.27-fixes, 64bit.

Thanks anyone,

Joseph