[mythtv-users] stuttering video and audio mythbuntu14.01 on atom wnvidia and vdpau

warpme warpme at o2.pl
Mon Apr 28 13:24:33 UTC 2014

Dnia 26 kwietnia 2014 14:13 Anthony Hill <arhill at gmail.com> napisał(a):
I've got a problem with really bad audio and video stuttering with mythbuntu 14.01 running on an D2700 atom ION board with the integrated Geforce GT520M. Its a zotac zbox - this same PC has performed great with mythtv and ubuntu in the past. If I enable VDPAU, I get terrible audio and video stuttering. If I then disable audio (NULL output device), video playback is fine. If I disable VDPAU, I get fine audio and video - but only standard def of course - I really need VDPAU to watch 720p or above. Normally, when playing video on this machine, CPU is very low (~3%) - and that is still the case now even while it is stuttering and playing slow. I'm using the nVidia 331.38 driver that was installed automatically as part of the install process. I've tried the "echo 192 | sudo tee /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/prealloc" .. thing. ..so any ideas anyone ? Has anyone got similar hardware working 14.01 ? Cheers. --
Regards,
Anthony Hill
Anthony,
You may give a try for http://minimyth2.linuxd.org
I have ION2 users who reports full OOB play and no any problems with HD playabck.
br