[mythtv-users] scheduling

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 02:00:10 UTC 2014

> On 28 Apr 2014, at 10:28 am, "James Linder" <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>

> On 28 Apr 2014, at 6:26 am, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>> I?ve got a schedule for eg mythbusters to record any time any channel. I?ve got duplicate check set to none.
>>> On channel A it records.
>>> A later version, which is NOT the same, on channel B says ?Earlier Recording?
>>
>> Well, it is sort of hard to know with limited details, but
>> are you using Schedules Direct for your listing data, and
>> if so, are you using the --dd-grab-all flag (it is not unusual
>> that future episodes are marked incorrectly until a later
>> time; you always want the latest (and hopefully best) data
>> that TMS has, and --dd-grab-all updates all the available
>> info, not just a limited set of days).
>>
>> What are the program id's of those showings?
>
> I use only off air EIT. Dunno if it’s uniquely Australian Channels but the EIT can change 1 minute before showing, Title and
> Subtitle may be duplicated for different showings eg the Australian GP where a whole day of recordings have the same data or a re-play of a recording where EIT says first time ‘A great show’ but next time says ‘Sebastian Vetel bla bla’
>
> I really want Any Time Any Channel. I’ll prune. With the evolution of scheduling algorithms can I achieve that?

As a general rule EIT data is going to make it very hard to get reliable scheduling. In Australia there are a couple of options however: there is Shepherd which gets great reviews and is free but I haven't really used it to comment first hand. Otherwise there is IceTV which I use which has great data quality but requires a paid subscription.