[mythtv-users] scheduling

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 14:14:58 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 1:08 PM, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
> First I’ve been using myth for years.
> I’ve encountered scheduling ouches:

While most results can be explained, I know of almost
no one who has not encountered a few raised eyebrow
moments.

> I’ve got a schedule for eg mythbusters to record any time any channel. I’ve got duplicate check set to none.
> On channel A it records.
> A later version, which is NOT the same, on channel B says ‘Earlier Recording’

Well, it is sort of hard to know with limited details, but
are you using Schedules Direct for your listing data, and
if so, are you using the --dd-grab-all flag (it is not unusual
that future episodes are marked incorrectly until a later
time; you always want the latest (and hopefully best) data
that TMS has, and --dd-grab-all updates all the available
info, not just a limited set of days).

What are the program id's of those showings?

Duplicate matching is documented at
   http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Duplicate_matching