[mythtv-users] Infinitv freezes - on commercial breaks, in SD

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 25 23:36:43 UTC 2014

Hello, I'm getting annoying and specific random freezes on the channels
tuned from Verizon FIOS through my 4 tuner PCI-E Infinitv.

I get messages like this in mythfrontend.log:
        Apr 25 19:29:48 [mymythbox] mythfrontend.real:
        mythfrontend[1461]: W Decoder ringbuffer.cpp:1035
        (WaitForReadsAllowed)
        RingBuf(myth://192.168.1.4:6543/2127_20140425232937.mpg): Taking
        too long to be allowed to read..

I've tried playing around with the buffer settings, but I think
something else is going on, since it is pretty specific to SD channels
on the commercial break. Could the inserted commercials disrupt the
stream somehow? How can I change the logging to grab more relevant error
messages?

TIA,

Steve