[mythtv-users] Intel Graphics Support Question

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Apr 25 12:37:53 UTC 2014

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014 07:25:23 -0400, you wrote:

>On 4/25/2014 3:31, Stephen Worthington wrote:
>... using upstart to wait for network to start...
>
>I will look at that -- thanks for the pointer!
>
>> I also have a shutdown problem with Mythbuntu 12.04 on my laptop.  I
>> tracked it down to the script that was trying to shutdown lirc
>> (/etc/init.d/lirc stop) hanging hard during shutdown.  The workaround
>> for me was to manually shut down mythbackend (stop mythtv-backend),
>> then unplug my Hauppauge HVR-900r2 USB tuner before shutting down. The
>> tuner has the remote control built into it and if it is gone before
>> shutdown, the lirc shutdown does not hang.
>
>How did you track down the script that was hanging shutdown?
>
>I don't believe I have ever found output from shutdown scripts in any
>log file...

It was trial and error - I knew that I could get it to shutdown OK
sometimes, depending on what I did.  I first watched a shutdown
carefully while it happened.  To do that, hit the <Esc> key to switch
from the normal shutdown screen to the one that actually details what
is going on.  That showed me the approximate point of the hang.  So I
went through the things that the shutdown process shuts down
automatically at that time and tried to stop them manually.  The lirc
shutdown hung.  But I discovered it was the /etc/init.d/lirc script
itself that was hanging, not the lirc daemon.  I have always meant to
never found the time.