[mythtv-users] Debug DVB EIT data

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 24 10:51:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 10:57:35 +0200, you wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have some EIT problems with few channels in DVB-T. I want to debug
>it to know if it is MythTV problem or channel problem.
>
>I add eit log in the backend: mythbackend --setverbose eit
>
>But I want to have an alternative Linux tool to get EIT data, I try
>tv_grab_dvb (http://bryars.eu/projects/tv_grab_dvb/) but it is old
>software (the development stop in 2007).
>
>Is there any other tool to debug the EIT data?
>
>Thanks and best regards.

My satellite pay-TV EIT EPG is all collected from a DVB-S mux using
epgsnoop:

  https://launchpad.net/epgsnoop
  https://github.com/hadleyrich/epgsnoop

It uses dvbsnoop to get the actual data:

  http://dvbsnoop.sourceforge.net

(dvbsnoop is an installable package on Ubuntu).

To get MHEG EPG data from DVB-T here in New Zealand, we use
mhegepgsnoop:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mhegepgsnooppy