[mythtv-users] Sound problem with 0.27 on Ubuntu 14.04

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 24 10:28:18 UTC 2014

On 04/24/2014 01:05 AM, Mike Carron wrote:
> I have sound through my USB speakers using all the programs I've tried
> except a Myth frontend. When I try to set the sound card in the Setup
> Wizard, the wizard tries to examine the sound system and then crashes.
> The mythfrontend was installed as a package from the Ubuntu Software
> Center, it was not something I compiled. This appears to be the
> relevant log info:
>    Apr 23 19:39:01 Office mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[10904]: E
>    CoreContext audio/audiooutput.cpp:200 (OpenAudio) Don't disable OSS
>    support unless you're not running on Linux.
> Any suggestions?

Build MythTV properly--which means don't use random
--disable-what-I-feel-I-do-not-need arguments.  Building without OSS
support on GNU/Linux creates a broken MythTV (which is almost definitely
why it's crashing).

Generally, your configure line should be:

./configure --enable-proc-opt

with possibly a couple of --enable-something items if you want.

Mike