[mythtv-users] CentOS and 0.27-fixes (which really just means always-latest)

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Apr 24 04:04:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, 23 Apr 2014 14:25:11 -0400, you wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 1:30 PM, Nick Campbell <westlandnick at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I think that is what I bought :-)  I am broke right now so I didn't get
>> anything super robust..  My computer is a AMD athlon 2 3.0Ghz dual core 4
>> gig DDR3 1333 64gb SSD ext4 for OS and 2 TB WD red JFS for video.  I
>> originally had a HP Proliant M350 with kubuntu 12.04 with mythbackend only,
>> and a 2 gig DDR2 800 intel 2.5ghz something cheapy frontend with mythbuntu
>> 12.04...  The main reason for the switch is because I'm pulling that server
>> to use as a LAMP server instead of a mythtv personal server..  So I hope I
>> have enough computer to run a frontend/backend setup..  I think it will be
>> just fine, but I had this snag getting the TV signal to display..  I was so
>> excited when mythbackend worked, and mythfrontend worked, and then this..
>>  Oh well I'm sure I'll figure it out.  I've just had several more important
>> projects skip ahead of this one so I haven't had a chance to install the
>> new video card and test it out.
>>
>> Thanks again for your input.
>>

>The GT220 is one of the best low cost Nvidia cards you can use for MythTV
>on a frontend, in my experience. My main frontend is using that exact card.
>I wouldn't put it down so quickly.
>
>Tom

I would second that.  I use a silent GT220 card in my MythTV box (Asus
Bravo 220), and it does everything needed for MythTV.  You do get
occasional problems with Nvidia updating the drivers and missing
testing properly on older cards like the GT220, so the drivers can
stop working and need to be backleveled for a while.  The current
Nvidia drivers are fine.