[mythtv-users] UPNP Control of STB

Martin Compton martinc at itrans.com
Wed Apr 23 22:57:05 UTC 2014

I have a DishNetwork receiver (ViP222k) with 2 tuners, only one of which
can be controlled by MythTV via IR blasts, the second tuner is
controlled by an RF remote.  Thus I have to manually set the timers for
anything recorded on the second tuner (via an old WinPCI analog card).

However I discovered that I can change the channels on the Dish tuners
via UPNP actions.

Does anyone know of an existing command line interface app that can be
called from within MythTV to send actions to a Upnp device?

I'm poking around "miranda.py" to see if it can do what I need: send
WakeUp and SetChannel actions to the EchoSTB service, but I thought it
worth asking those more knowledgeable.

Regards,
MC