[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: HDTC-2US Homerun and OTA tuning

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 21:36:45 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Gary Buhrmaster
<gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 4:48 PM,  <boehm100 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I want one, but primarily for the auto transcode.
> > I was hoping this feature would be supported in Myth
> > with commercial scan and the other bells and whistles.
>
> No personal experience (waiting for the CC model to
> get announced), but....
>
> I seem to recall that the latest firmware (beta) was
> claimed to be able to set transcoding for all recordings,
> so, in theory, MythTV could be ignorant of that capability
> (with the restriction that no multi-rec could be used,
> since there are only two transcoders in the box.)
> It is possible that that feature is not yet fully ready
> for prime (or soap opera) time.

I actually have no interest in the transcoding aspect of the new model,
just the fact that it's supposed to have a better tuner.

Am I reading you correctly though? If, like me, you would turn the
transcoding OFF, you can't use multirec and record two channels on the same
frequency on one tuner?