[mythtv-users] CentOS and 0.27-fixes (which really just means always-latest)

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Wed Apr 23 15:34:56 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-23 9:01 AM, Nick Campbell wrote:
> I have been trying to decide which distro to use also, and I have been teetering between debian and centos.  I have had stability issues with Ubuntu, which is why I want to go to something more stable..  I was thinking of just using Debian since that is what the HDHomeRun software is available on.  I was leaning towards centos because I have been trying to learn it better for work purposes, but I have more experience on the deb side of things.  I think I'm probably going to go that direction since I can't seem to figure out how to get my hdhomerun working in centos.  I've just had such bad luck with Ubuntu. I'll have everything working nice and smooth, and without any reason or changing anything it will stop working on me..  Anyway, thanks for the input.

I'm curious what getting HDHR to work with CentOS means since I'm using my HDHR Prime on CentOS and I had no problems.

I had to compile their little config util -- but I could have just as easily used Windows to set it up.

The little config util compiled with no headaches -- and the library plugged into scte65scan and compiled just fine.

(shrug)

  -Ben