[mythtv-users] CentOS and 0.27-fixes (which really just means always-latest)

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Apr 23 13:08:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:37 AM, Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/23/14, 8:28 AM, Nick Campbell wrote:
> > I have been running mythtv on ubuntu 12.04, and I decided I want to
> > switch my backend to centos.
>

> Might I ask why?

Seconded. I just (in the last two weeks) moved my backend from Redhat to
Ubuntu (14.04) and it was super simple. I even added a new page with the
compile steps in the MythTV wiki for 14.04. I like CentOS as a server, but
for anything outside of a basic LAMP setup, it's...difficult. Any issues
I've had with Ubuntu, the first Google search result is almost always the
right answer. For anything CentOS related, I had to dig...sometimes deeply,
and sometimes I just never got an answer. My frontends are all Fedora
currently, but that may change as well. I like that 14.04 LTS will be
around for awhile. My frontends were FC13, then I went to 18 (through 14,
15, 16, 17) on one, the others are I think still at 16, and now we are up
to 21 I think? I'd rather just set it and forget it.

Anyway, food for thought.

Tom