[mythtv-users] power savings

jacek burghardt jaceksburghardt at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 03:01:07 UTC 2014

So I have couple of G1610 based font ends. I had been running arch linux on
them as front ends for my  mythtv backend. Do you guys have any power
savings tips ?
I had installed windows 8.1 on my spare ssd and power saving ability seem
amazing compared to linux. I am running xbmc on it and my frontend goes to
deep sleep/hybernation  when not used. On the same hardware linux will
turnoff screen spindown hard drive but it seems windows does it so much
better. When I suspend my frontend running xbmc on linux and then resume it
i can play movies, tv shows and recorded tv but not live tv I have to
restart xbmc in order to get live tv working again.For some reason mythtv
 backend and xbmc can't talk to eachother after resume. Windows 8.1 and
xbmc dont have such problem.