[mythtv-users] Arm Based Frontend

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 13:03:04 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Nick Rout <nick.rout at gmail.com> wrote:
> I understand that the recent atoms are not quite the emasculated atoms of old...

True, the Bay Trail (Silvermont architecture) Atoms
are more capable than their predecessors on a
clock per clock comparison (out of order execution
is a significant contributor).

However, as a low clock speed, single core example
of the new Atoms, one may find your results will
vary based on your expectations (of responsive
gui, cpu decoding of content, de-interlacing, etc.).

Note that this particular processor is targeted towards
tablets, and Windows 8 and/or Android support.  It
is considered sort of middle of the road of the current
generation of tablet targeted processors.