[mythtv-users] How do I insert a linefeed in a Custom Record Rule?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Apr 15 15:11:52 UTC 2014

On 04/15/2014 10:51 AM, John P Poet wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 5:21 AM, Craig Huff wrote:
>
>> B) There _is_ a way to consistently do this in V0.23, and if so, what
>> the method is?
>>

> Not that I am aware of, but it has been a VERY long time since I used a
> version that old.  One *dangerous* option, would be to edit the mythconverg
> database directly in mysql.

Better would be to edit the rule in MythWeb.  However, I recommend only
editing existing custom rules (never creating new ones), and only
lightly, in MythWeb as there are very few checks in MythWeb, and you can
completely break the entire scheduler with a bad custom rule--which
would mean you would have no scheduled recordings and your system would
be broken until you identify and fix the broken rule.

>> Thanks _very_ much for helping me with this irritating little issue.
> There have been many significant improvements to the UI since 0.23.  If you
> can manage it, I would suggest migrating to 0.27.

+1

Mike