[mythtv-users] Problem with boot time system lockup on new install of Mythbuntu 12.04

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 14:27:18 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 9:19 AM, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hoi Craig,
>
> It could well be that your system initialisation is to slow for some
> of the deamons. I'm surprised you had a deamon for a usb device in the
> boot runlevel. Try moving all deamons in the boot level not essential
> for basic system initialisation to the default level. So giving your
> system more time to initialise.

Hika, I don't understand what you mean about the boot runlevel.  The
device daemon script is stored in /etc/init.d/iguanaIR, but that is
referenced by a link in /etc/rc2.d/S##iguanaIR that points to
/etc/init.d/iguanaIR.  The script doesn't get started until the system
is entering runlevel 2.  Does that clarify the misunderstanding?

--
Craig.