[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase creating nonexistant channels - cached?

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 23:37:09 UTC 2014

Hoi John,

Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 1:14:14 AM, you wrote:

>>> If it's an issue in your MythTV configuration, I have a feeling the video
>>> sources part of
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 would fix
>>> it.  If it is an issue in Schedules Direct, I'm not sure what the new
>>> approach is for the old "re-add lineup" stuff.
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> Thanks -  I solved the problem.  It was a schedulesdirect issue.  I
>> deleted my lineup from schedules direct then re-added and reselected
>> my channels.  The problem went away after that.
>>

> I have this issue now. A few months back G4 was removed from my cable
> provider. I deactivated it from SD and deleted it in mythweb however
> it keeps coming back by mythfilldatabase. Now it does not even show up
> in my SD lineup. I will attempt your solution tonight if I get enough
> time. Its some work to setup only the channels I want visible on the
> SD side so I will only attempt that if I have  30 minutes to spare..

> John

Do you use xmltv for your channelinfo. You than also have to remove it
there! I had that long time ago and it took me quit a while to find
that. Go to .xmltv in the mythtv home directory and remove the line
for the channel in the conf file for your grabber (or put a # in
front). Else myth will keep recreating the channel to link the channel
info to.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven