[mythtv-users] HDHomerun Prime or Ceton InfiniTV ETH 6?

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Mon Apr 14 16:05:06 UTC 2014

On 4/14/2014 1:33 AM, Joseph DeGraw wrote:
> On 04/13/2014 05:59 PM, Jim Oltman wrote:
>> I'm tired missing sports on TV.  I'm a fan of MotoGP, Formula 1, WEC,
>> etc.  I have been using an HDHomerun ATSC to record my local stations
>> using MythBackend 0.26.  I'd like to add a Comcast subscription with
>> the sports channels I want (Fox Sports, Root, NBC Sports).  Which of
>> the above devices would work best with 0.26/0.27?  I've read some
>> posts on the list about the Ceton having issues with the 6th tuner.
>>  Have those been resolved?  Would I have to move to 0.27 for the fix?
>>  I'm not sure I would use all 6 tuners, but it's always a
>> possibility.  Both options seem to support SDV, but I'm more worried
>> about Myth compatibility.
>>
>> Additional info, I live in Centennial CO.  Anyone near me that has
>> any experience with Myth and Comcast?  How is Comcast on the CCI
>> flags in this area?  On the channels I'm interested in?  I use
>> MythBackend as a virtual machine (under ESXi) which streams to an
>> XBMC frontend (Frodo 12.3).  I'll be upgrading to Gotham when it goes
>> stable, which should include a newer Myth PVR client that'll support
>> commercial skip.
>>
>> Anything else I should be aware of?  Thanks for the help!
>>
>> Jim
> Hello,
>
> I run the 4 port pcie Ceton card with mythtv .27 and it works
> extremely well. The driver is provided by ceton off their website. I
> have had no problems at all with it. Might give that a try. I dont
> know about the others because my experience is with the 4 port pcie
> card itself.
>
> Joseph
***
I have the HDHomerun Prime, 6 tuners on 2 units are used by my MBE. The
only problem I have is when someone grabs one of the tuners with the
smart TV and the MBE decides to use that tuner. I have a 3rd HDHRP for
use by non-Myth devices but that requires the human running the smart TV
to remember which tuners to use.

I know nothing of Comcast however, my cable company is Wave Broadband
and so far (knock on wood) they have been very good about marking
channels as copy freely. Only the acknowledged premium (HBO, etc)
channels are marked copy once.

mike