[mythtv-users] TV recordings not expiring, disk filling up

Anthony Hill arhill at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:57:13 UTC 2014

My disk keeps filling up with recorded TV. It has become a real problem.

I've looked for hours - but I cannot find the auto-expire settings.

>From the wiki http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTV-HOWTO_-_0.26#Auto-Expire  :-

The default setting is for all scheduled recordings to be eligible for
auto-expiration; this can be changed in the Settings->TV Settings->General
page by manipulating the "Auto Expire Default" checkbox.

..um ok - I dont seem to have a Settings menu item - are we talking about
the frontend or the backend ? Either way - I dont have one. (I am running
0.26 on debian wheezy).

I've changed AutoExpireExtraSpace to 20 in mythweb - but that doesnt seem
to have done anything.

Any suggestions on where I should look for this  ?

Thanks.
--
Regards,

Anthony Hill