[mythtv-users] dp_backups

Alistair Grant akgrant0710 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 21:52:46 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 11:35 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2014 1:29 AM, "Alistair Grant" <akgrant0710 at gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

>> Yep, as long as the btsync daemon is running.  It monitors the
>> directory and relays any changes to online peers in near real time (10
>> seconds or so).
>>
>> When I installed it there wasn't a package that automatically starts
>> the daemon each boot, I'm happy to pass on my init.d script (which is
>> a modified version of what I googled) if you're interested.
>
> Yes I am interested in your script, thank-you.

Please see https://gist.github.com/akgrant43/10603295  Comments and
improvements welcome.

> Do you think it would cause Dropbox to look for changes also?

I assume you mean configure both Dropbox and BitTorrent Sync to
monitor the same directory?

I've never tried, but don't see any reason why not.  I expect both
services are using a similar technique of monitoring the directory.
But since both provide a similar service I'd be interested to know,
why not just use Dropbox everywhere?

Cheers,
Alistair