[mythtv-users] hdhr3-cc and recording quality

Leo Butler leo.butler at member.ams.org
Sun Apr 13 15:17:53 UTC 2014

>   On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 7:25 PM, Leo Butler <leo.butler at member.ams.org> wrote:
>
>      <Gap start="2014-03-24T22:01:12" end="
>
>   i had a similar problem appear abruptly a few weeks ago. same
>   hardware. turned out to be a loose coax connection. easy to check. hth

I tried your suggestion after updating the firmware on the hdhr3-cc,
but with no effect after about a week of monitoring (the cables seemed
quite tight, so I didn't expect a change due to loose cables, but who
knows).

I found time yesterday to upgrade myth from 0.25 to 0.27 on the
backend and frontend. That went quite smoothly. There have been a few
recordings since the upgrade and there are no gaps mentioned in the
logs nor are there a few of the other worrying messages. So, fingers
crossed, the upgraded mythtv has fixed things.

---

Unfortunately, the recordedseek table was marked as crashed after the
upgrade and recordings.

mysqlcheck --auto-repair ...

fixed the crashed table.

Leo