[mythtv-users] dp_backups

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sat Apr 12 19:00:39 UTC 2014

On 4/12/2014 2:50 PM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
> As of June 1st I will need somewhere else to keep a cloud copy of my
> db_backups, any suggestions?

Why are you keeping cloud (someone else's server) backups of your
database? The only value to "the cloud" is that it is off site, and
should something disastrous happen, you still have that copy to recover.
Should something disastrous happen, chances are very good that all your
recordings will be gone as well, and there would be no purpose to
recovering the database.

> Or is there another way to send a copy of the db_backup folder (and
> keep it sync'd) to a different drive in my LAN?

rsync?