[mythtv-users] EIT Data, what to delete before a full tuned scan?

Karl Dietz dekarl at spaetfruehstuecken.org
Fri Apr 11 16:17:59 UTC 2014

On 11.04.2014 08:19, cvb at kruemel.org wrote:

> Now, apparently I'm missing one truncate in the script above, because,
> after the last full scan, one channel was missing which I (accidentally)
> thereafter added by scanning the existing transports. That particular
> channel (and only that one) is not showing any EIT data. So I deleted
> all channels again with the above script, did a full tuned scan again -
> but that channel does not show any EIT data in mythtv still. (It did
> before the scan, and it still does on my TV, so I'm almost certain that
> it is a configuration issue in mythtv.)
>
> What else would I need to delete before a full tuned scan?

Check dtv_multiplex if you are using a really old version before
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/3c3dd7c5372aefe9b597f2fc0b3509a61e4f2e37

Also check the SDT of the multiplex of the missing guide
https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/9592#comment:19

Useonairguide is "1" for the channel?

Regards,
Karl

PS: if you truncate program you should also truncate the detail tables
that refer to entries in program... IIRC programgenres, programrating,
credits